cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

NTA not receiving the flow

Dear All,

I am working on Evaluation version of NTA and trying to achieve netflow traffic monitoring in our environment. Flow is enabled in the network devices(Nexus 1000v) and able to see the packets received in port 2055 from the Solarwinds server. But i dont see any data in the console, all of the devices netflow status shows "never". Could anyone help where can i debug and check and troubleshoot. I am new to this tool and setting up a test environment.

Thank you

Regards,

Sangeetha

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 9

I don't know if the evaluation copy of NTA is any different from the production version.  I know when we started enabling Netflow and were certain we had the traffic being sent and received, it was about 12 hours before we had any data in any of the Netflow resources.  So if you just enabled Netflow, it may take a little time to get the information showing up on the console.

Thanks for the reply...

It's been couple of days the netflow is enabled on the device and the data being received in the orion server udp port 2055. But still I don't see any data on the NTA.. these devices last received netflow status shows never. Any idea, netflow is supported in evaluation copy.

Regards,

Sangeetha

0 Kudos

With our uses, I have had data show up within 24-30 hours of Netflow being setup on the device.  I wonder if it might be getting the information in a form it doesn't recognize.  If it is looking for it in a version 5 format and getting it in version 9 (or vice versa) format, it could be getting the information, but not know what to do with it.  if it doesn't know what to do with it or doesn't understand it, then the resources wouldn't plot any data.  But which format is being looked for is something I will leave to other people to answer.

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsey,

I have gone through the links you have shared, Thanks for that.

I have installed NPM/NTA/Orion DB on the same server as it is evaluation. I can see data coming to orion server from the network device in wireshark. The collector is up and running. I am not sure what could be the reason, can you help with that.

Regards,

Sangeetha

0 Kudos