This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA Website Configuration Failed

FormerMember
FormerMember

I'm currently trying to finish installing the NTA 4.0.1 . I've completed the NTA database install part and I'm now working on the NTA server portion.

At the very end of the install, when the window opens and has ' Configuration installing' with the status bar showing progress, it finishes with an error.

Specifically it says:

*Website Configuration Failed: Un-handled exception occurred during instantiating type [SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Discovery.Plugin] from assembly [SolarWinds.Orion.Core.DiscoveryPlugin]*

Went ahead with the HotFixes but I received the same error during the configuration phase of each HotFix.

Did some research, and the discovery plugin mentioned in the error is from HotFix 2 on the NPM module.

A theory was it needed to be un-installed and re-installed? I shouldn't install it period? It was installed incorrectly?

If anyone has any experience in this, I would greatly appreciate the feedback. Working to get this installed on an Enterprise network now rather than later.

R,

Shannon

• My advice here would be to get diagnostics from the poller(s) and log a support case.You could try running the Configuration Manager (not the installer for NTA) again, and repair everything, see if that fixes the problem, but I'd log that support call as a CYA exercise.

If SolarWinds advises that you do the repair and it goes pear shaped, at least you have the 'Support told me to do it' shield emoticons_silly.png

• Sorry to bump this old post, but I just installed 4.1.1 and ran into the same problem.  I ran the configuration wizard again on the Website and resulted in another NCM error.  Did this ever get resolved?

First one:

Website configuration failed:

•  Unhandled exception occured during instantiating type [SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin.NcmDiscoveryPlugin] from assembly [SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin]

Second:

Website configuration failed:

•  Exception while configuring plugin SolarWindsRegistered NCM Integration Plugin component Orion Website Update. Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

• Hi,

NCM guys gave me this help last time:

• Go to NCM Program Directory
    • Give permissions to these two files:
      SolarWinds.Cirrus.BusinessLayer.dll, SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin.dll => Right Click -> Properties -> Un-Block
    • Additionally, Right Click -> Properties -> Security -> Add Group Everyone
    • Re-Run CW (run it as Administrator)

Petr

• Thanks for the response Petr.

I opened a ticket but resolved it before support could provide much direction.  Along the way I learned some things that hopefully might be useful to someone.

I am running NPM 11.5.2 with integrated DPA 9.5.0.  I had installed the DPA 10.0.0 without running the configuration wizard after.  I then proceeded to install NTA 4.1.1 and when the configuration wizard did run, it failed with the errors above along with the web site not loading.

I ended up uninstalling the DPA, NTA and repairing NCM.  This resolved the web site not loading.  From there I installed NTA and it worked.  I can provide more specifics if necessary.

Thanks,

Randy