This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA Percent Utilization Reporting

Okay I give up trying to find out the correct way of creating NTA report that will tells me about how much percent utilization of my interface bandwidth.

The only reports I can manage to create is to tell how much bytes of an application that is passing through an interface within a specified time range but I don't get the idea how much it utilizes my bandwidth.

What I want is to create a report that will tells me an average percent of my interface utilization within a specified time range, and then breaks down the utilization itself into list of applications and its corresponding percent utilization. For example: let's say I got average 75% bandwidth utilization within the last 24 hours, then using this report I can know that the 75% consists of 30% application A, 15% application B, 20% application C, and 5% others (application A, B, and C has been predefined in monitoring settings).

It's a very simple requirement and I know software as complex as Solarwinds NTA should have this capability, it's just I can't find the way to create a report for this. Tried using Orion object netflow by history, netflow by interface history, etc... but all I can get is the amount of bytes through! Not even I can get it to show the transmit/receive rate of an application.

Please kindly advise.

• Because there's still no answer, I think i am gonna bump this thread and providing more details of what I really want.

So if we look at the web gui, we have this nice graph showing data rate and percent utilization on the web gui widget, how can we have this in reporting??? All i can find in the netflow reporting is total bytes emoticons_sad.png

pastedImage_1.png

• They kind of hide this from you inside the UI but those values are coming from two completely different sources.  Netflow protocol does not carry any information about bandwidth of the interfaces or percent utilization, so NPM grabs it from SNMP to put on the page.  Depending on how you have things set up those two value may not always be 100% the same.  Look under the interface traffic history tables to get the historical utilization info, but don't be freaked out of there are a few percent of difference between what measured flow bytes shows versus what snmp says since the times won't line up exactly and such.

• mesverrum​, thanks for the answer. using interface traffic history table i can only know the total percent utilization and once again the total bytes (sigh..)

how can i break down this percent utlization or bytes per application?

pastedImage_0.png

what field should I select? or how should i define the datasource?

• Hello asaputra​ or mesverrum

Did you ever get a solution for this ?  I am trying to achieve the same and have tried multiple SQL and SWQL queries but there doesn't seem to be a way to create a utilization- Bps chart report for a particular application. I also opened a Ticket with SW and they cannot share the Query they use on the Netflow Application Utilization View which clearly shows the Bandwidth usage per application.

Any help or custom SQL would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamil

• In lieu of NetFlow, maybe you can also try NPM's QoE feature? We use this to query application traffic. I know you're looking for percent utilization, but maybe you can just introduce a formula on the SQL query to get one. emoticons_happy.png