This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Configure New Type of Service

Hi,

We mark some of our network traffic to DSCP6 and our routers give this traffic lowest priority on the network.

This value isn't configured as a Type of Service in NTA so the ToS of the traffic shows up as 'Unknown'.

I can see you can edit labels for existing DiffServ Code Points but I can't see a way to add a new one. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The DSCP value would be 000110

Thanks

• There is a table in databse called TypesOfService with all the DSCP values listed. You might try and add another row to this table with your values or edit one of the less common values in the table. I would consider doing this in a test enviroment to see how it plays out in the software. Anythoughts from SW staff??
  • Hi memgtdg,

tlwoodstx is correct.

Unfortunately we do not have this feature in WebGUI -it will be included in future releases.

You can insert your new DSCP value into "TypesOfService" table manually or use script bellow.

USE [SolarWindsOrion] --put into brackets the name of Your Orion databse- NetPerfMoN or SolarWindsOrion or other ..
    INSERT INTO [TypesOfService]
               ([ToSName]
               ,[DSCP]
               ,[DSCPinByte])
         VALUES
               ('DSCP6'
               ,'000110'
               ,24)
    GO

After You will add new entry into "TypesOfService" there will be also need to perform restart of Orion services

via "Orion service manager" in order to write new DSCP settings into Orion internal cache.

Thanks

Regards radekn

• That worked perfectly! Thanks very much