cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Come to the group here as well.

Jump to solution

Ok so here is the run down .. also opened up a support ticket but figured might be quicker here.

Server A - Main Orion server

Server B - Web server

Server C - Additional poller and Netflow DB

So we have been struggling to get Netflow up and running ( old version of NTA installed and bam had netflow coming in ) so besides that .. we decided to uninstall everything to make sure we installed correctly. We followed the instruction in the admin guide and uninstalled from Server A and Server B and went to reinstall it i have to be in some strange loop ..

I went to install the flow database on server C again and it went to install the poller and thinks the flow database is already installed , when to the main server and tried to install it thinks the flow database is already installed as well .. of course when i test the connections it doens work because i removed everything .. but something on these 2 servers is confused .. any thoughts

NPM 10.7 RC and NTA 4

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

Support got it figured it - was a strange problem as to why i couldn't reinstall it even after i uninstalled completely

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Installing Remote NTA Flow Storage Database on an Additional WebSite or...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 12

Support got it figured it - was a strange problem as to why i couldn't reinstall it even after i uninstalled completely

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Installing Remote NTA Flow Storage Database on an Additional WebSite or...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Can you please post what was done to solve this issue

every time I upgrade , I get the dreaded 17777 error and I am dead in the water

then I spend a week with tech support to get back running

imho, the update process is not tested well and need to be self healing

0 Kudos

Well not sure if my issues is related to yours .. but I installed NTA 4.0 on a main server and set up a Beefy server to run the netflow database ( on the E drive )  as well as my additional poller server. I thought I did something wrong so I went to uninstall it all and re-install it but every-time I did both servers still thought it was installed and my flow DB was set up.

So the issues was that since I used this server as my additional poller server as the instructions said I could as long as it was beefy - had to trick out the application via command prompt as stated above in the KN article .

I reset up my storage DB with a new file path which the install didn't like so I had to use the same folder name as the first install as the new install didn't like the new name.. so I figured somewhere something is left over either in the DB or some file after the install.

0 Kudos