cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Cisco Wireless Controller - NetFlow Error: NetFlow Receiver Service [Orion Server] received NetFlow V9 flows without any template for decoding them. Configure the device x.x.x.x to export an appropriate NetFlow V9 template at 1-minute intervals.

The Wireless Controller is a Cisco 3500 Wireless Controller.

On the Wireless Controller, I have already configured the NetFlow Exporter with the correct IP [Of the Orion Server] and the correct port number 2055.

Similarly, on the Wireless Controller, I have already configured NetFlow Monitor with the above configured NetFlow Exporter and Record Name as "Client App Record (Better Performance)"

Finally, I have applied the NetFlow Monitor to the WLAN>QOS on the Wireless Controller.

On the Orion Server, I keep on getting the following message,

NetFlow Receiver Service [Orion Server] received NetFlow V9 flows without any template for decoding them. Configure the device x.x.x.x to export an appropriate NetFlow V9 template at 1-minute intervals.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 8

Cisco WLC does not support sending the interface index ( ifindex ) and therefore solarwinds does not know what interface to associate the flow data. I had a case open with both cisco and solarwinds and there was no solution, since Cisco WLC does not allow you to configure the flow record, and the flow record does not include InputInt or OutputInt fields.

Cisco bug CSCve82105

0 Kudos
Level 9

Was there an update to this information?

0 Kudos