This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Change time window

Is there any plan to allow a change in the timeframe (last 5,10,15...minutes) when viewing netflow information without having to drill all the way down to a protocol or application?

Paul
  • Not sure I understand what you are asking for. Are you talking about in the NetFlow Node Details and NetFlow Interface Details views? If so, then yes this is slated for a future release (most likely the next release).

If this is not what you are asking, please clarify.

Thanks,

David Perdue
    SolarWinds Development Team
  • quote:Originally posted by dperdue

Not sure I understand what you are asking for. Are you talking about in the NetFlow Node Details and NetFlow Interface Details views? If so, then yes this is slated for a future release (most likely the next release).

Thanks,

David Perdue

I'm talking about being able to change the the "last 5 minutes" view of data to something else at all levels of the netflow reporting. Ideally, I think we should be able to dynamically set the timeframe at the top level where you get the list of routers/interfaces, and then have that time window go with you as you dig deeper into the data.

Paul
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember
    quote:Originally posted by pkeefer

quote:Originally posted by dperdue

Not sure I understand what you are asking for. Are you talking about in the NetFlow Node Details and NetFlow Interface Details views? If so, then yes this is slated for a future release (most likely the next release).

Thanks,

David Perdue

I'm talking about being able to change the the "last 5 minutes" view of data to something else at all levels of the netflow reporting. Ideally, I think we should be able to dynamically set the timeframe at the top level where you get the list of routers/interfaces, and then have that time window go with you as you dig deeper into the data.

Paul

Paul,

We intend to implement a feature along those lines in the next release of NetFlow, which is due in the first half of this year.

Denny LeCompte
    Sr. Product Manager, Orion
    SolarWinds