This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Best method to view bandwidth hogs

We just purchased NTA and NPM for the sole purpose of identifying where are bandwidth bottle necks are.  What is the best way to see where the usage is the most?   I need to find what computer/server is causing our slow down by using all the bandwidth.

I am new to this so as much detail will be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.R.

• First, make sure that your routers/firewalls and various other bottlenecks are sending netflow where it is available.  Then just go to the netflow summary page, look under the sources resource, expand the node that you are interested in checking, click the link to interface you are interested in and you should mostly be looking at top conversations, or top transmitters/receivers.  You may also need to switch the button at the top between ingress/egress/both depending on specifically what kind of resource limitations you are running into.  If you expect you will be checking this interface often there is a button on the left side of the screen called the flow navigator that you can expand and there is a link at the bottom to save this specific set of filters to your toolbar so you can jump right back to it in the future.

• Thanks.   I will work on it today.   I am still in the learning mode. 

• Hi mesverrum​, I was about to open a similar thread but this seems like a good place to start

I'd like to add netflow information into my interface utilisation alerts. One of these charts perhaps, or even just a text variable/table for who's likely causing the problem

Capture.PNG

It's one of those things you'd think would be straightforward but i've yet to find a method.

Have you had any success setting up anything similar?

I've also got a UI version of this question floating around somewhere in thwack - In general i'm interested in any ways of getting to this sort of data in less clicks. Got any recommendations?