Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 7

Bandwidth monitoring from site to site.

hi all,

does the NTA capable of monitoring the bandwidth from site to site?

thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Bandwidth monitoring from site to site.

Yes,  you just need a NetFlow source at one of the sites

Darragh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

hi

how do we add node or make discovery node in NTA??

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

NTA.jpg

this one is based on the live demo of solarwinds NTA..

but in my installation. i cannot see any netflow sources. all are blank

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did you configure NetFlow on a router\switch to send flow data to the IP of your NTA server?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

hi sir,

i did not configure a router/switch to sent flow data to the IP of my NTA server..

once i configure the router/switch to sent flow data to my NTA will it automatically be seen in the netflow sources?

does the switch/router only we need to configure in order to sent data flow to my NTA?

can a server also send data flow to NTA? if yes how will we configure it to sent dataflow to NTA?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Once you start exporting NetFlow data you should see an alert that a new NetFlow source was detected. If not your router or switch should appear as a source

If you want to see bandwidth use, you only need to configure the router, ideally you use the router that is nearest to your NTA server so the flow data does not need to travel across the WAN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

hi sir, can we also configure netflow on servers and storage? or does netflow can only be configured on router/switch ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

NetFlow data is not available from servers or storage. It is a feature found mostly on Cisco routers although some switches support it as well.

There are other ways of getting traffic\bandwidth information about your servers and storage. One thing to check is SolarWinds NPM which uses SNMP to query the servers\storage and from this you can get things like Ethernet port utilization. If you need more detail then you also have the option of SPAN ports on your switches

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

2.JPG

3.1.jpg

the 'unknown" has 0 interfaces but has 4 nodes..the Brocade has 26 interfaces and 2 nodes

the 2 nodes for Brocade can be seen on Netflow Sources. why is it that the "unknown" cannot be seen on the Netflow Source?

thanks

0 Kudos