This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

web page Map doesn't display. shows "1"

Several times across version 8.1.x and 8.5.x I've seen the MAP section of the web (main page) display 1 instead of the actual map.  Has anyone else run into this?
When it happens, I've tried bouncing the web service, all of the Orion services to no avail.  I have to reboot the box and that fixes it.

Any thoughts/comments?  Thx

•   Please grab a screenshot the next time this occurs- Do you know if these maps where created RDP or locally?

•  It appears to be sizing out - can you try to create a smaller sized map to see if that will load properly?

• not sure what that means, size like 1600x1200 or like too many object on the map/submaps?

Basically when this shows up, I've had to reboot the system to get the web page to show up properly.  Although I've never tried to hit a submap directly.  I'll test that too.

I'll let you know.

•  can the default map load? Is this a map you created? possibly the background image is too large to load

• The one displays in place of the default (home) map.  Come to think of it, it is a map based issue across the board.  My netops group monitors 2 maps and they both go out at the same time basically.  The background map for the home is 132k and the home.orionmap page is 436k, but the second page they monitor doesn't have a background.  Its orionmap is 1.1M

• How many elements as
    well as nested maps are contained in the map?

It would be really
    interesting to understand what causes the failure to load from the map
    directory. Are there any permission restrictions on this folder? There is a
    Microsoft application call "procmon" located here http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx
    that can help isolate the issue.

When the map stops
    loading again run this program and try to refresh the web page a few times and
    that should capture sufficient information. Click on the save icon and select
    all events. If you can send us that file in a support ticket or if you want to
    have a look at it yourself you can open the file by clicking the open icon.
    What we are looking for is an access denied in the results column. This will
    tell us what was requested and why it was denied. If this is just a permission
    issue all we need to do is grant the requesting user the appropriate permission
    to access it. Now if it happens again then we have to determine if the
    permission was removed, most likely a Group policy if this server is part of a
    domain.

• There are a significant number of elements and nested maps.  This is the way "THEY" wanted it :)
    There should be no local restrictions within the file structure (we haven't done anything like that) but I'll verify. 

I'll check with the server guys to see if they've got any policies that would change the folder/file permissions, if not, would you recomment resetting them to allow all acess?

It would be odd if that was the factor because one minute its working, the next its not.  This doesn't happen terribly often, but enough that mgmt knows about it...so I'll put the procmon on there and "wait" for it to happen again.  Thanks for your help.

• I just experienced the same issue.  Funny thing is that I have two web servers, and only one did it.  They are both showing the same .jpg and .orionmap, but now one is displaying a "1" instead of the network map.  I have tried bouncing IIS and orion services.  I am now trying to reboot the box.

• The reboot fixed the issue.  I forgot to mention that before the reboot, I also checked all server logs and none of them showed any issues.  I have been using the same .jpg and haven't added or removed a large amount of nodes from the network map in over 3 years, so why would only one of my web servers show the "1" and one not?  The server with the issue apparently started displaying the "1" overnight, since it was working properly when I left the office yesterday.