cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

want to set up NOC view

Jump to solution

I created several new groups with a filter based on what is in the Department field of the custom properties

i.e.

Accounting

IS Dept

Human Resources

etc.

They all show up in the Manage Groups screen

I am creating a new NOC view. When I go to look for these resources to add them to the view, I only see an All Groups resource and not the individual groups.

I want to put the separate groups in different columns, not in one column.

How do I add each separate group to different columns?

Here are the versions I am running in case that makes a difference

Orion Platform 2018.4 HF2, IPAM 4.8.1, SAM 6.7.1, VMAN 8.3.1, Toolset 11.0.7, NetPath 1.1.4, NPM 12.4, NTA 4.5.0, UDT 3.3.2, WPM 2.2.3

How do I go about doing this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: want to set up NOC view

Jump to solution

So the dashboard your using as an example is the "All Nodes" with custom property filters. NOT Groups! As you correctly stated the All Groups widget can NOT be filtered.

So start with a Blank Summary Page and add in All Nodes

pastedImage_2.png

Then Edit each Widget one by one:

In the Group By section - Level 1 should be the custom property (I think in your example it would be Department?) and then use the SQL Filter to apply your CustomProperty filter.

pastedImage_0.png

I've used Priority_Tier as that's what I had in my lab, you can see I've used the Level 1 in T1-T3, but in T4 I didn't select an option in the Group By and it just lists the nodes. Just to give you an example of different views.

pastedImage_5.png

- David Smith

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Level 13

Jump to solution

You could create a custom graphic of these groups and other objects and place your group status objects in network Atlas instead of using the somewhat inflexible Views/Group resource.

Group map ideas here - Show us your Network Atlas maps!    Show us a NOC view and (don't ) get 500 thwack points (we still want to see, points no longer awarde...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, but I want to do something like this

pastedImage_1.png

I just don't know how to do it - this was set up on a very old Solarwinds environment by someone else. I am looking to do something similar with the new environment from scratch.

I have looked at groups in the old version and I have the new version set up the same way (I think)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

The NOC view has a setting for "group" or "group of groups"

If you set define a custom property for something like "system owner" describing a department, then create a group with devices selected by dynamic query, that will auto-add devices to that group.

Then select those groups for addition to your NOC view.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

So the dashboard your using as an example is the "All Nodes" with custom property filters. NOT Groups! As you correctly stated the All Groups widget can NOT be filtered.

So start with a Blank Summary Page and add in All Nodes

pastedImage_2.png

Then Edit each Widget one by one:

In the Group By section - Level 1 should be the custom property (I think in your example it would be Department?) and then use the SQL Filter to apply your CustomProperty filter.

pastedImage_0.png

I've used Priority_Tier as that's what I had in my lab, you can see I've used the Level 1 in T1-T3, but in T4 I didn't select an option in the Group By and it just lists the nodes. Just to give you an example of different views.

pastedImage_5.png

- David Smith

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Very nice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

David,

I can get the View set up with the All Nodes, but when I go to the Add Widget section, what Widget do I select or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Never mind - I have it - modify the existing widget, not add a new one.

Thanks for your help - it works fine now.

Brett

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Take a look at the Custom Tile widget, it might be exactly what you're looking for:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Isn’t that an EOC feature Nick?

- David Smith
0 Kudos