This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

troubles to graph a vlan with more than 1 giga consumption

Somebody can help me, I can't graph the vlan utilization, I use cacti tool and I can see more than 2 gigas utilization, and check this value over the router and is true, but, Orion NPM do not give me the correct value, I can see just 800 megs used.

Do I have to configure anything manually?

• Hi rafael,

I have encountered a problem like this before in our Cisco Catalyst 3750 switches..vlan utilization is not being graphed but when you check the device, there is no utilization there as well, which is somehow a bug on the IOS..but then you say that the router is displaying otherwise, coinciding with the utilization in cacti..when you say utilization do you mean the bps in/out charts or the percent utilization charts?if you mean the percent utilization  charts then maybe you have to customize the interface bandwidth on the actual bandwidth to get the right utilization..but if you mean the actual traffic in bps in/out, you can double check this via Universal Device Poller, by confirming the value on the interface MIBs, coz im sure that's how SolarWinds polls the in/out traffic and go from there..

• Thanks for your answer, but let me tell you that fortunately right now my problema is resolved, I just have to check the "allow 64 bit conunter" option into the Orion property device and that's all. the graph starts to show the correct values!!

thanks.