cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

switch to server traffic flow via NTA

Jump to solution

i have alcatel switches in my environment and are configured to sent sflows to NTA listener. i want to know if its possible to see traffic(protocol, app, port etc, ) flow from switch to server or vice versa. i am not sure if "flow navigator" on NTA can accomplish this but last time i did not manage.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 12

I see...yeah you would need a packet analysis tool for that...although SW does come with an agent based one you could install I believe...servers don't send Netflow so there is nothing to enable there...you could install Wireshark on the server and capture data going in and out of its interface...you would then have to analyze it yourself

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 12

I see...yeah you would need a packet analysis tool for that...although SW does come with an agent based one you could install I believe...servers don't send Netflow so there is nothing to enable there...you could install Wireshark on the server and capture data going in and out of its interface...you would then have to analyze it yourself

View solution in original post

Ok cool. thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Level 12

Flow navigator will help you filter the data down...you should be able to just go to your switch in NTA and see everything you need however...Are you not seeing something you expect?

0 Kudos

i can see all that I need via flow navigator for NTA devices, my question is regarding end to end flow of data. I wanted to know if there is a way to specify a source and destination devices to see more traffic flow information between them. a bit like how netpath works.

0 Kudos