cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

some scheduled reports not converting to PDF

We have a bunch of reports that are scheduled to run, and send out PDF`s.

Most of these work without issue but one always fails. Tnhe email received always has

Unable to convert the Web Page to PDF

Error: Convertion failed. Failed to initialize conversion.

or

Unable to convert the Web Page to PDF

Error: Convertion failed. Operation times out.

I have tried increasing the ConversionDelay and NavigationTimeout in the ExportToPDFCMD.exe.config  to 60 minutes, but this doesnt seem to  make any difference.

If I manually run the job it times out within 5 minutes (less than the 60 mins specified).

Is their something I am missing?  is their anything else I can look at. I have looked through the windows event log, and their is nothing listed, is there a log file for this?

Any help appreciated.

Mal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 16

Hi masparrow,

You should check this thread. Hope it helps

Kind regards,

Maria

Thanks for the help but sadly changing those permissions didn't seem to help. My situation is slightly different as I have lots of other scheduled reports working fine, and if I open the URL up in IE it generates without issue. Its only the conversion to PDF for that one report that seems to be the problem. It really is driving me a bit mad!

0 Kudos

So i found something in the orion weblog

2014-07-24 08:52:43,021 [15] ERROR SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract2.InfoServiceProxy - Error executing query: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '01:00:00'. ---> System.IO.IOException: The write operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '01:00:00'. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, Boolean immediate, TimeSpan timeout)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Which I guess confirms a timeout but not sure why as this appears in the log within a minute of the request, and the timeout time is 60 mins.

0 Kudos

Sounds like a case where Support would be the best route: SolarWinds Customer Support - We're Here to Help

0 Kudos

Hi!

Any luck? I have the same issues with Netflow Graph - it will not render and the graph will only show "loading"
I have played with the ExportToPDFCmd file and nothing....

0 Kudos