cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

solarwinds installer 12.2 running on additional poller is hangin on 'Running hardware check, please wait'

Jump to solution

I am installing additional poller application running on windows 2012 r2 vm server.  I am using solarwinds installer offline application.   Installer starts fine and allow me to select npm 12.2 product. Right after that I see following message on the screen:  Running hardware check, please wait..  

It's been running for over 15 minutes. ( the same installer was used to install main application without any issue). The log file have following message:

2018-01-09 09:22:33,487 [5] DEBUG (null) SolarWinds.Administration.Utils.RegistryReader - Could not find registry key LocalMachine\Software\Wow6432Node\SolarWinds\Orion\Core\LocalePrimary

2018-01-09 09:22:33,487 [5] DEBUG (null) SolarWinds.Administration.Utils.RegistryReader - Could not find registry key LocalMachine\Software\Wow6432Node\SolarWinds\Orion\Core\LocalePrimary

Have any one seen this issue before and how was it resolve?

Thank in advance for any help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

Which installer are you using for this?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Which installer are you using for this?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

solarwinds-Orion-installer.exe. This installer was downloaded to main server via polling agent --> download installer now.

what seem to happen is file transfer terminates after 30 minutes. ( my additional poller is located on west cost but main poller is on east cost).

the installation worked fine when I upgrade additional poller which was on the same segment.  I did opened ticket with support and they have identify the issue related to slow data transfer. Unfortunately, there is no offline installation available for additional poller.  I am waiting for response from support on other option

0 Kudos

Here is a KB that is about that timeout: Failed to download or run the Scalability Engine installer from the main server - SolarWinds Worldwi...   Let me know if that resolves your issue!

0 Kudos

serena  wrote:

Here is a KB that is about that timeout: Failed to download or run the Scalability Engine installer from the main server - SolarWinds Worldwi...   Let me know if that resolves your issue!

I heard from a customer that this link was not working - here's the updated link Success Center

0 Kudos