This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

soalrwinds.net error message

I am getting the following  "SolarWinds.Net.ApplicationImprovementProgramConfig has stopped working" error everytime I RDP to Orion server.

More information regarding error message is as follows:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: SolawrWinds.Net.ApplicationImprovementProgramConfig.exe

Application Version: 10.7.0.103

Application Timestamp: 4e29429f

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbdf

Exception Code: e0434f4d

Exception Offset: 0000b727

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 3081

Any idea why this is so? I had a look on the forum and did not find any posts with same problem/error message.

• Karim,

there are two ways around this:

1) disable the Application Improvement Program (using the "Configure Application Improvement" shortcut in Start menu)

or

2) Download the latest hot fix for Engineer's Toolset 10.7 from your customer portal and follow the included instructions. 

• Thanks. I have applied the latest patch and will monitor. BTW what does 'Application Improvement Program' do? By the sound of the name it does not feel like it is something which should be disabled.

• The hotfixes did not fix it. I continue you get the pop-up everytime I start an Engineer's Toolset application.

Can't disable the 'Application Improvement Program' either as launching the 'Configure Appliation Improvement' results in the same error message to pop-up and once it has popped up the only options available to close the dialog box are 'Check online for a solution and close the program' or Close the program'

• Uninstalled v10.6;

Installed v10.7;

Disabled 'SolarWinds Application Improvement Program'.