cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulw1978
Level 7

snmp environment monitor recommendations?

Dear All,

I am looking to buy a simple snmp based environment monitor that will hook into solarwinds without too many problems (i.e. having to create custom mibs etc). Has anyone got any recommendations? I only need to monitor temperature and humidity.

thanks,

paul

0 Kudos
8 Replies
joehanly
Level 10

Re: snmp environment monitor recommendations?

Hi

This can actually be done in Solarwinds WIthout having to purcahse another Product. Are you running Solarwinds Orion ?

If you Know The specific OIDS For what you need to monitor Orion can take care of this For You.

If so on the latest version you may want to take a look, at the tutorials Here.

Create a Universal Device Poller (UnDP) in the Orion Platform - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and ...

Regards

0 Kudos
paulw1978
Level 7

Hi,

thanks for the reply, Yes i am running the latest and greatest version of Solarwinds. At the moment I have a horrible device that seems to be linked using one or two oids. I did not know you could do this!. It may be that i can therefore do it without buying a new monitor. Out of interest are there any temperature monitors that list their OID's out there? (I am sure there are). I am looking at replacing our current one and oen that would integrate simply with solarwinds would be ideal

thanks,

paul

0 Kudos
joehanly
Level 10

Paul

What type of device is it ? Can you contatc The Vendor and get Updated Mibs for the device ?

While you dont need these and Just OIDS ( The manufactureer should be able to provide you with this) We can at least get them compliled for you

Joe

0 Kudos
paulw1978
Level 7

Its a really, really nasty device. The firmware of the device has actually been hacked by the company who sell it to link in with their snmp based product. Unfortunately they won't provide me with the MIBS as they way the device only to be used in conjunction with their product. However, I can see the OIDS in the snmp management software.

0 Kudos
joehanly
Level 10

Paul

If you have the oids to get what you want then reference the tutorial and Give a shot with the Universal Device Poller. If you run into any issue Open a support ticket and we

will assist you getting resolved .

Joe

0 Kudos
paulw1978
Level 7

thanks matey

much appreciated. It will do in the interim. I REALLY need to read your tutorials! I haven't had a chance yet!

:-)

0 Kudos
paulw1978
Level 7

Ahhh!

actually I just found out the device is based on an AKCP snmp environment monitor. I don't supposed you have a mib for one them do you?

cheers

paul

0 Kudos
davbyrd
Level 11

Paul,

In the Universal Device Poller, we do have a MIB for the AKCP - OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.3854

I believe a MIB walk would be able to produce the following results:

akcp OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854
hhmsagent OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1
hhmsSensor OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1.2
hhmsSensorArray OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1.2.2
hhmsSensorArrayEntry OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1.2.2.1
hhmsSensorArrayTemp OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1.2.2.1.16
hhmsSensorArrayTempEntry OBJ ID    1.3.6.1.4.1.3854.1.2.2.1.16.1

0 Kudos