This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

setup on SDK

Hello,

I'm trying to get the SDK(1.4) setup on either my local box or the primary poller for our SolarWinds setup.

the install command below runs fine but when I try to use the add-pssnapin SwisSnapin command I get an error.

Has anyone seen this before??

ex error

>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll'

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.5420

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll assembly's progress.

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog.

Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll'.

Affected parameters are:

logtoconsole =

assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll

logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog

The Install phase completed successfully, and the Commit phase is beginning.

See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll assembly's progress.

The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog.

Committing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll'.

Affected parameters are:

logtoconsole =

assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.dll

logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion SDK\SWQL Studio\SwisPowerShell.InstallLog

The Commit phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.

>Add-PSSnapin SwisSnapin

Add-PSSnapin : The Windows PowerShell snap-in 'SwisSnapin' is not installed on this machine.

At line:1 char:13

+ Add-PSSnapin <<<<  SwisSnapin

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (SwisSnapin:String) [Add-PSSnapin], PSArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand