This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

report with Interface's IP Addresses

I am trying to create a report in NMP 12 that has Interface's IP Addresses along with MACs and their speeds. I have not been able to find it in Interface's variables but there must be one that gives the IP addresses because I can see them in network tab.

Does anyone have the same problem?

• when you search for IP there should be several variations of IP available, I believe the one that reads like this "IPAddresses" is the one you want

• This should be the variable

${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.IP_Address}

neomatrix1217_0-1585757330995.png

• Hi ,

I'm assuming that you're looking for something that gets you data like this:

IP_and_MAC_on_node.png

In the screenshot you'll see that I used the "WHERE NodeID = ####" to limit the results to a single node.  You could limit by other details, or not use the WHERE clause at all to get all IP/MAC address on all nodes.  You'll also see that this is giving interfaces which don't have a MAC address.  This will also exclude any interfaces which do not have an IP address configured.

I did this in SWQL studio, If you want to do this in a regular webreport, you can probably just look for the column names, or use this query in a "Custom Table" and "Advanced Database Query (SQL,SWQL)" configuration.

If this is what you were looking for, here's the query I used:

SELECT
        N.Caption,
        N.Vendor,
        N.MachineType,
        NIPA.NodeID,
        NIPA.IPAddress,
        NPMI.PhysicalAddress,
        NPMI.Name,
        NIPA.InterfaceIndex,
        NIPA.SubnetMask
    FROM Orion.NodeIPAddresses NIPA
    INNER JOIN Orion.NPM.Interfaces NPMI
    ON NIPA.NodeID=NPMI.NodeID AND NIPA.InterfaceIndex=NPMI.InterfaceIndex
    INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes N
    ON NIPA.NodeID=N.NodeID
    WHERE NIPA.NodeID = 1551

It might be possible to get the MAC addresses of interfaces which don't have an IP Address assigned.  I would need to try to reorder the query and see if that changes anything.

• Hi ,

Are these the types of results you're looking for?

IP_and_MAC_on_node.png

• I want to select interface ip instead of node ip.

• Yes.

Can be configured on the web interface

THX.

• Hi ,

Sorry for the long delay. Yes, this can be executed in the Web-based report. You'll need to use custom SWQL.

Here are the steps:
    1. Write a query. The columns listed in the 'SELECT' statement will be what is available in the report. (examples at the end)

2. Create a 'Custom Table' type Report.

001.png

3. Change the 'Selection method' to 'Advanced Database Query (SQL, SWQL)' and paste your query into the query box

002.png4. Add columns

003.png

004.pngNOTE: if you include certain columns, sometimes you need to remove a 'Display setting', like this:

005a.png5. Rearrange or change display names of columns as appropriate.

005b.png

6. Finish the report as normal.

006.png

Example queries:

SELECT
        N.Caption,
        N.IP_Address AS [Node IP],
        N.Vendor,
        N.MachineType,
        NIPA.IPAddress,
        NPMI.PhysicalAddress,
        NPMI.Name AS [Interface Name],
        NIPA.SubnetMask
    ON NIPA.NodeID = NPMI.NodeID AND NIPA.InterfaceIndex = NPMI.InterfaceIndex
    INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes N
    ON NIPA.NodeID = N.NodeID
    ORDER BY N.Caption ASC, NIPA.InterfaceIndex ASC

This example includes custom properties:

SELECT
        N.Caption,
        N.IP_Address AS [Node IP],
        NCP.Comments,
        N.Vendor,
        N.MachineType,
        NIPA.IPAddress,
        NPMI.PhysicalAddress,
        NPMI.Name AS [Interface Name],
        NIPA.SubnetMask
    ON NIPA.NodeID = NPMI.NodeID AND NIPA.InterfaceIndex = NPMI.InterfaceIndex
    INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes N
    ON NIPA.NodeID = N.NodeID
    INNER JOIN Orion.NodesCustomProperties NCP
    ON N.NodeID = NCP.NodeID
    ORDER BY N.Caption ASC, NIPA.InterfaceIndex ASC
  • Finding a need for almost this exact report. However what if I only wanted to pull from a specific interface on every device in my environment. Say for a cisco router just the Gi0/0/0 interface, but also the sub interfaces that could be on that so Gi0/0/0.5. I guess what I am asking is there a way to add a filter to this script. or if i want to filter by a certain device name or something like that. 

do you also know if its possible to query the static routes that might be setup on a router with a similar report? 

I am just learning to use orion and sql/swql so I apologize if this is really easy and something i should know. Do you have any recommendations on courses or training for creating these type of scripts and reports?