cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

"Error generating report: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports\.OrionReports'

I created a Report via Orion Report Writer version 9.5 and then added it to the web.  I was able to run it from the 'Reports' tab on the web and I added the report to the Home Page ( using edit).  Everything was working Great!!!

Recently we upgraded to 10.0 and I discovered today that the same report that worked fine on the Home Page in 9.5 was no longer reporting in 10.0.  I'm still able to retrieve the report in the web 'Reports' tab but not on the Home Page.  The following error was displayed:

"Error generating report: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports\.OrionReports'

This report exist in that directory.

I'm able to access the report from the 'Report' tab on the web so it definitely exist.

Yes, my user acct has permission to the /Reports directory.

Please help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 13

Please open a support ticket to investigate further.Its hard to troubleshoot without looking into the logs.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I had the same problem then found out my account wasn't setup correctly.  Try this (NOTE: I have administrative rights in solar winds, so if you can't make this change, ask the admin to do this):

1.  After logging into Solarwinds web portal, click on "Settings" in the top right corner.
2.  Under "Accounts" click on "Account Manager"
3.  Click on your username then click "Edit"
4.  Scroll Down to "Report Folder" option; in the drop down change the setting from "(no reports)" to "\Reports".
5.  Click "SUBMIT"

Log out then log back in.  If it's already set to "\Reports", then, I'll have to pass the buck since I've never had to troubleshoot that before.

0 Kudos
Level 10

Was there ever a solution to this?  I have recently created a report and saved it.  Some users can access the report others can not.  The report does exist in the /report folder.  I verified all the users have /reports setup in the account setup.  The Orion server is windows 2008.  I did notice that the new report belonged to Administrator while the other reports that showed up belonged to SYSTEM so I changed the owner to SYSTEM but that did not resolve my issue.

0 Kudos

I noticed the same thing when I created a new report.

First off, there were two reports in the dropdown with the same name. I went back to Report Writer, and there were two with the same name listed there, too.  Both previewed fine in Report writer. Neither one seemed to work from the Home page, so I did a "Save As" and created a new name. I set the dropdown to the new name, then went back to report writer and deleted the original. A few minutes later, the new one was working.

0 Kudos
Level 7

We're you able to resolve this issue?

I'm actually getting the following error because I'm working on Windows 2008 server, but it shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Error generating report: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports\.OrionReport'

Anyone else have suggestions on how to resolve this?  I am using report writer tool to create the report.  I see the report in the folder mentioned and I can access it from the report menu item within the web console, but when I try to add this information to a node it doesn't work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 8

No, I'm still waiting for a response.  

In my environment, Solarwinds is running on Windows 2003.  

What version of Report Writer are you using?  I didn't see the problem in 9.5 but noticed it after upgrading to 10.0.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'm using the evalutation version of orion 10 right now, so it's the version that came with it.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I am running Orion v10 and I just tried adding a custom report to my main page and I am getting this same result.  Did anyone ever get a resolution on this?

0 Kudos