This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

orion 8.5 problems

Good Day

I just tried to upgrade from 8.1 slx with the app mod, to the new 8.5. And add the Voip mod. The initial orion upgrade went fine but I recieved an error saying that it could update the web configuration file hwen I upgraded the app mod and when I add the voip mod.

I have a support ticket already and am awaiting a responce. In the mean time I was instructed to unistall orion and reinstall. I did this and left out the app and voip mod. Now that went ok but when I try to browse to the web page I get this error;

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
   at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
   at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Anybody experience this as well?? Any advise would be so appreciated.

Thank You
Broadband managenment
TbayTel
  •  We just upgraded Orion last night from 8.1 to 8.5.  Everything seems to work except the web interface.  We are getting a similar message, but instead of a 403 error, we get a 401 error.  Anyone know a fix for this?

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.
    Additional Information

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
       at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
       at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to shonea

Does your password have any special characters in it such as # ? or &? There's a known problem with special characters in passwords with the 8.5 website. We should have a fix for it soon, but in the meantime you can workaround the problem by using alphanumeric passwords.

• No, just letters and numbers.

thanks

•  We have found a temporary work around for our system.  We disabled NT authentication (we were using the passthrough authentication so that the website did not timeout).  We put IIS back to anonymous authentication and we can get into the website for now. 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to shonea

We are experiencing some problems for some customers with passthrough authentication.  It's ultimately a permissions issue.  The workaround suggested above may work.

• Are you using pass through authentication?

• Good day

Already had anomynous authentication enabled. Have uninstalled 8.5 and have gone back to 8.1. I had to get monitoring back up, we use orion so much daily. I will try again on a later day, perhaps when i hear back from support.

Thank You

• Did not happen to have an "additional web server" or it answers on a non-primary IP? 

That was my issue.   There is a file you have to change from localhost to the actual server ip.   That cured the 401 and 403 errors for me.

Mark S.