This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

not able to add a cisco 4221 router as snmp failing

Hello Everyone
I am not able to add the Cisco 4221 router device as SNMP failing , i got to know that the device is receiving the request through the 161 and replying on 162 port. Is anyone who faced the same issue and what could be the possible solution,  please let me know. Thanks in Advance!

Regards, Bhupesh Walde

• Port 161 is for snmp communication while 162 is for snmp traps. Two different functions.

Have you tried doing a packet capture from the solarwinds server to the device to see if it's properly replying? Have you checked to see if the access lists are correct? Are there any firewalls blocking access? Have you checked your device snmp configuration on your cisco? Not snmp traps, but rather the SNMP settings itself. Have you confirmed that the community string is correct? These are just a few of things to check. And could lead you to where the problem might be.

I  hope this helps.