Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 7

no response time when ping from gui

Jump to solution

I am having a strange issue.  I have devices that are reporting no response.  When I ping the ip from the command line, I get responses.  When I right-click the host in the performance manager and select ping...  it times out.  Did I configure something incorrectly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: no response time when ping from gui

Jump to solution

Have you tried changing the data portion of the icmp packet in Solarwinds?  This can be configured on the same tab as the timeout value mentioned above.  If there is currently something configured for the icmp data, try deleting it and see if that has any effect. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

In the NPM System Mgr.-> Settings ->Network Tab;  try in creasing the ICMP timeout

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I increased it all the way to 5000, and it still fails...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

when i ping the monitored host directly from the command line of the orion server, i get an average response time of 1 ms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

Have you tried changing the data portion of the icmp packet in Solarwinds?  This can be configured on the same tab as the timeout value mentioned above.  If there is currently something configured for the icmp data, try deleting it and see if that has any effect. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked.  It had some text in there about solarwinds version 8.5.1 or something.  I deleted the entire line and it works now.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Jump to solution

saw this in another thread about a firewall issue were you trying to push this through a firewall?

if so you might be able to change your firewall filter to allow the extra data if you wated to.

0 Kudos