cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

network atlas permissions

Jump to solution

I would like be able to give users WITHOUT admin rights the ability to modify the maps in network atlas.  Is there a way to do this?  I have a solarwinds account set up that doesn't have admin rights, and it is not even able to log into network atlas.  (I am running network atlas from my workstation, and even tried it from the server console).

My goal is to have people be able to create maps, and drap existing nodes onto the maps, but not give them the ability to add/modify the nodes themselves.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

A user must have the Node Management right to be able to edit maps.  We are looking into creating a seperate Edit Maps right in a future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 9

User does have Map Management Allowed and still can't see the Edit button on the Map page.

0 Kudos
Level 13

This question was also brought up in this post; you might want to follow it for any further replies.

0 Kudos

The account i am using already has "customize view" rights.  When I log into Atlas, I am still getting:

"You are not allowed to edit maps.  Try to log in with different account."

0 Kudos

A user must have the Node Management right to be able to edit maps.  We are looking into creating a seperate Edit Maps right in a future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

yea.. in the same boat... how hard is this to implement? Just users permissions to edit maps where its needed....

0 Kudos

The last post on this was in 2009. Has there been any movement. We would like the same functionality.

0 Kudos