This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

need to edit mebers of a support group for email alerts

Hi

We have email alerts up and working, when I add a node it asks under the custom properties what Support_Group

I need to add someones email to this group.  HOW?  where?

i have been searching for awhile and can not seem to find out where i can add the email to this group so if the node goes down and email would be sent to them.

Thank you

• Can you check on the alert first as to how is it configured, open your node down alert go to trigger actions and check how is the email being sent, is it a distribution list or is it your custom attribute which is mentioned in the field. (Dont forget to cancel after you do all this searching dont submit/save the alert)

If its a distribution list for which it is being sent on the trigger action, then you have to get that person's email id added to the distribution list group which is outside Orion, reach out to the owner of email distribution list in your organisation and ask them to add/delete email id's to the distribution list as required.

This is just a tagging that you folks are using and as far i understand emails are controlled on the alert - trigger action and this custom attribute is being used in trigger condition to send it to the right recipients, either it will be a distribution list on trigger action or they would have mentioned specific email ids there, just go and add it onto to field of the message if specific emails ids are mentioned.

Paste me the trigger condition and trigger action of your alert for me to guide you accordingly.

• all emails are listed under that Support_Group  Network Administrators in Solarwinds. Orion.

i have done it int he past but soo long ago i have forgot where to add the persons email to that Support Group

• Just edited my response, can you check trigger action -> email 'to' field.

• Where do i go to edit the recipients for that Support group

it is alert when node goes down.

• Im now curious on how you did that, did you by any chance use account limitations ?

• trigger actions section on the alert, you should have an email action configured.

• yes it works already .. i need to add 1 more email to this support group so she can get the emails too.

• correct, please check if you have added these emails ids on that trigger action.

• where do i go to add 1 email to the support group list ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

not setting up a new alert, this alert works..

just need to add 1 email to the support group list..

i do not want to delete a node, i do not want to delete that support group that is notified when a node goes down.

i need to just ADD 1 EMAIl to that support group...  so she can get the email alerts that a specific node is down just like the 5 other people in the list..

• I am not asking you to setup a new alert - i understand your alert works fine, I am assuming your email id's are stored on trigger action of your existing alert, just select your existing alert -> click on edit -> go to trigger actions page and verify if you can see these email id's on trigger action page. Is this how you have created your alert is what you need to check first. Verify your trigger action first. I have attached screenshots check

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png