cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

mouse over pop-ups in ver 9.5

Jump to solution

I am not sure if this has been discussed or not but is there a place that you can add to the new mouseover popups in Ver. 9.5?

I found info on older versions of Orion I think by searching the forum but not sure if that was relavent any more with the new version. I would like to be able to add stuff to the popups like circuit ID information and or serial numbers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Yes, you can still only customize the hover over/pop-ups on the maps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Level 20

Prof-

I think people may have overlooked what you asked for... yes it only works on maps but it works for all kinds of things... any custom property... any predefined solarwinds variable.  As an example when hovering over my nodes I get who to contact when there's a problem, the name of a laboratory, the locality geographically.  If it's a circuit I put the circuit ID on it and the contact number for the telco.  I also added bandwidth, utilization, and more to interfaces.  The sky's the limit on what you want to add on hover over's on maps since you can create custom properties.  I just wanted to make sure you didn't think it was limited somehow on the maps.

0 Kudos
Level 8

I would like to be able to add custom properties ( time circuit down, contact, site phone, etc).

0 Kudos

yeah, customer properties would be great feature to be able to add to the mouse over pop up 🙂

0 Kudos
Level 19

The popups are not customizable at this time.  Good feature request.

0 Kudos

Yes that would be a great feature request since some nodes I don't really need to know the response time of them but other information would be more helpfull.

0 Kudos

What other type of information would you be interested in seeing?

0 Kudos

I would like the ability to customize the popup to what ever information that my boss wants added to the popup :).

I don't have specifics but different nodes have different things that will need to be monitored and available with a mouse over from a circuit ID to temperaturesl to power levels.

0 Kudos

It depends on whether or not you need the popup on all mouseovers or just in the map. You can edit the popups for mousovers on maps by Clicking edit on the map and then clicking the link at the bottom that says customize map tooltips.

0 Kudos

I would like this on NOT just the maps only use 1 map in our organization and would like to be able to do this on the nodes not in maps.

0 Kudos

Understood, we have heard that from others as well, just not possible today

0 Kudos

Is this still impossible? Would love to be able to customize the info displayed, custom properties in particular.

0 Kudos

rsfh--

What version of NPM are you currently running?

M

0 Kudos

rsfh--

What version of NPM are you currently running?

M

NPM 10.1.3

APM 4.0.2 SP4

0 Kudos

Yes, you can still only customize the hover over/pop-ups on the maps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Is this on the roadmap anywhere to be added?  Being able to see a custom property on the popups would be huge for us.

0 Kudos

Is this still impossible?  Would love to have this feature, not just for maps(hardly use maps..)

0 Kudos

Got it, thanks for feedback

0 Kudos