This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

monitoring Dell Servers Temperatures and ststus of the disk arrays

Been asked to monitor all of our Dell servers temperatures and the status of disk arrays. I performed a MIB walk and have all the OIDs needed. Having difficulty in setting up alerts when the temp reach critical and when the disk arrays fail. Are there samples for this or can someone assist?

• Assuming that your source data is based on a GET TABLE universal device poller, the attached screenshot is an example of my Dell hard drive failure alert. It assumes that you have enabled the "enumeration" option in the universal device poller, with the default values, and that it's called DellPowerEdgeDiskState.

The alert email action can't specify which drive, nor what the status is, nor the serial number etc, as an alert based upon a GET TABLE poller (which it must be, if it's for a table) can only indicate that a certain value exists somewhere within a column, so for example you can know that at least one drive has failed, but not know which one, nor will you know that that perhaps several drives might have failed at the same time. The text I use in GET TABLE based alerts is like this: *** WARNING: ${Node.Site_Name}: Possible Dell PowerEdge HDD failure on ${Node.Caption} ***

Perhaps the "node status" criteria isn't required, but it's there anyway.

• thank you for the follow up. I'll give this a try. on the trigger actions i want to send out an email elert on these failure and idea as to how that should be set up. looking for the email to say that the array disk is down from the rspective server and when it's back up. can these trigger conditions be used for the temp on the server? sorry new to this never set up UDP facilities before with the alerts for them