cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 17

main tab customization - adding custom main tab with sub selection options

I'd like to be able to add a custom "upper tab" next to "Home, Network, product a, product b, ..., Virtualization".

I was hoping that by adding the _TabMenu to the name it would pick it up, but no such luck 🙂

thanks much.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

What would you put up there?  We have an open enhancement request for this, but one concern is people overloading the bar

0 Kudos

Well right now I am overloading the main menu. There are custom views that people are used to seeing and I want to make them available on a custom tab. It would be different from a custom menu as my team, who does most of the administration, also wants to see all these views, plus the standard Admin level menus. Hence it is more for us to make the menu less cluttered. A one tab that could have the "COMPANY" stuff on it would be a great addition and a nice way to organize views.

0 Kudos
Level 7

You can create them custom views.. just make the ones you want static for everyone the "networking" tab, then add the other ones under the other tabs for now till SW gets this sorted out.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am making custom views for my different SolarWinds user groups. I can make custom_TabMenu views however since all the Main tabs are hard coded HOME, NETWORK,NCM CONFIGS etc when I put my new new Eduction_tabmenu  it uses the main hard coded tab name. It would be nice to be able to create 2 or 3 extra Custom Main tab views and add our own custom views.

0 Kudos
Level 17

I think my train of thought at the time 😕 was to have a "links" tab and then specifics in the sub-section.  I get your concern though.

0 Kudos
Level 17

I guess I should say a tab for my company with specific customized menu items (views) for the company.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am also trying to accomplish this.  My admin console is cluttered and throwing things under the "virtualization" or "IPSLA" doesn't really suffice.  The option to at least rename these easily (without having to change the image that is displayed every time the application is upgraded) would be nice.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi Larry--

It's been marked for the PM.

M

0 Kudos