This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

labels and thresholds

is there way to make a label color change according to threshold setting.  we have configured the utilization variable in link label, is it possible for the label color to change if the 80% utlization threshold is exceeded?

CW

• Yes but not easily.....

We are doing this on our maps and using a SQL stored procedure to update a node custom property which then can be used in the label.

Ready....

For instance I created 3 node custom properties called 'Norma', 'Warning' and 'High'. I then created a stored procedure which calculates the current bandwidth utilization of the outbound traffic. In the stored procedure it looks at the value and if it is lass than 70% it updates the Normal field. If it is above 90% then it updates the High field otherwise it updates the Warning field. In each case it blanks out the other two fields.

I then placed 3 labels on the map for the node in question and assigned them ${Normal} - in blue, ${Warning} - in Orange and ${High} - in red. All overlapping.

Now when the map refreshes it should display the proper value in the proper color coded label.

Easy huh!