This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

interface polling times ignored?

I am running NPM 10.2.2

and when i set an interface to poll & gather stats @ a different time frame, it is ignored.

the default is 9 minutes but for 1 interface we wanted more real time stats, so i changed it to 1 minute

but it's ignoring me, it still gathers @ 9 minutes

If i set the NODE to 1 minute it works, but not on the interface.

i have verified in the database that the setting is indeed 1 minute but it's just not listening to me.

I have also verified the charts are set to display 1 minute intervals.

any ideas?

Thanks!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

this might be too fast for the interface to report back all the statistics you are trying to gather.

polling up/down status is faily fast with just a ping but you seem to be wanting it to do the full statistics polling each minute and unless you have a small number of nodes/interfaces then it could be that the polling is not complete before it is asking for the data again.

• in case anyone has the same issue. upgrading to 10.3 solved the issue for, during the process of trying to resolve this, something got messed up and i ended up having to nuke the config in IIS and repair. all is working correctly now.