This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

include IFs but exclude their appearance ?

Hello guys,

once again, somebody called me to ask if that ISDN backup really caused that amount of money the carrier did charge to us ;-(((

Any way to include the ISDN IFs but not to show them on the website ? We've got more than 100 users with different views etc and I just want to be able to do some analysis if such a case happens again...

I thougt about something like what object all/certain users can not see ...

Is there something out like that ?

Any help is appreciated and this forum very helpful in anyway, keep it up emoticons_wink.png

regards,
Ralf

Ralf Hessberger

Administrator Network Monitoring
IT Shared Services Northern Europe

Phone: +49 5653 918 144
Mobile: +49 178 7240 440
mailto: rhessberger@stadthagen.faurecia.com
  • That's going to largely require some funky account limitations, offhand.

If you felt inclined, you could probably modify the resources to keep the ISDN stuff hidden away except for your username...or a handful of them. Not quite sure how that would be coded offhand, though.

// Ian Underwood - Service Management
    // Level 3 Communications
  • You can create a custom web view which hides nodes, but unfortunately you cannot hide interfaces on a node.
    Therefore, if your router has other interfaces which you want to see in the web page,
    then this is not possible. Perhaps a new feature to be added for the next release?
    It would be great to hide interfaces from appearing on the web page, but still collect data for them.

-=Cheers=-
    NG