This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

http https alert url additonal web front end help!

So here is the layout.

Additional Web Front End Server > Main Poller < Additional Poller

\/

SQL DB

Web Front End Server name      = serverC

Main Poller                                  = serverA

How do I tell SolarWinds to use the URL off the additional Web Front End Server for the Alerts it sends out?? I have paid for it so I don't want users going to the main poller?

below is the website table which I think is wrong as WebsiteID 1 & 2 I don't think are required and WebsiteID 3 I think should have port 443 and SSLEnabled.

WebsiteIDServerNameIPAddressPortSSLEnabledType

{{serverA-DNSname}.{domainname}

(All Unassigned)

4431additional
2serverA.{domainame}.co.uk(All Unassigned)4431additional
3serverA(All Unassigned)800primary
4serverC(All Unassigned)4431

additional

Staff currently use {{serverA-DNSname}.{domainname} to get to Solarwinds but the alerts that go out show serverA:80/.../view*** which they click on to see the alert

I am currently setting up a DNS name that points to serverC which is also the SSL Certificate for serverC which is solarwinds.[domainname}/.../

So there's two parts to this

1. How do I get the alerts to show the url solarwinds.[domainname}/.../view**
  2. How do I fix the above table I think it should look like the below but not sure about the type as I assume that's what the alert plus the url from? so should there be a row for my ssl cert to server and set to primary?

WebsiteIDServerNameIPAddressPortSSLEnabledType
1serverA(All Unassigned)4431primary
2serverC(All Unassigned)4431

additional

I have taken over SolarWinds from a previous staff member who has gone.