This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

howto findout total bandwidth used on interface and Polling question

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I have a link from a carrier, and they set us up as a dedicated 20MB link. I need to see where we are as far as utilization on this link. How can I see this in Orion NPM?

About the polling, seems like my NPM server is slow, and wondering if this is because everything is running on this server. Pollers, SQL and the web interface. How can I offload the polling portion and is there docs on how to do this? If so, where? The server is a Dell Zeon 2.13Ghz with 1GB ram.

• Device needs to be snmp RO at least and drill down to the interface traffic charts bps in/out. Given the interface is manually configured with a 20M limitation your chart should scale. (if not it will be full interface speed and you can still get the bandwidth, just not in proportion to your paid for 20M)

For the NPM being slow I have seen the biggest effect on response directly releated to the DB size.

• in System Manager - go to the Node then the interface, right click and select Interface Details.

here's an example of a Metro Ethernet interface. you could see about the same from your Orion web site. just drill into the Node then the interface.

you should see the Util and the rate of your 20MB link like this one shows. we're doing 9Mpbs on the 20Mbps in this snapshot.