Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

how to know who enabled or disabled the alert rules in solarwinds

Jump to solution

Hi All,

how to know who enabled or disabled the alert rules in solarwinds. I could see some of the alert rules are newly enabled in my instance. I am confused to find who enabled it. Please let me know where I can check this information

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MVP
MVP

In the ALERTS & ACTIVITY menu, click Message Center.

Uncheck the boxes except for Audit Events and select a time period. In the Action type dropdown, you can select Alert enabled or Alert disabled.

Audit events are kept for 365 days by default.

shuth_2-1594646655873.png

shuth_1-1594646611122.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 16

This query could take awhile as it will pull all the events but this will give you every instance. You could create a custom report or resource to display. 

SELECT AuditEventID, TimeLoggedUtc, AccountID, ActionTypeID, AuditEventMessage, NetworkNode, NetObjectID, NetObjectType, DetailsUrl, DisplayName, ObservationTimestamp, ObservationRowVersion, ObservationSeverity, ObservationSeverityName, Description, InstanceType, Uri, InstanceSiteId

FROM Orion.AuditingEvents

Where AuditEventMessage LIKE '%disabled alert%' OR AuditEventMessage LIKE '%enabled alert%'

0 Kudos
MVP
MVP

In the ALERTS & ACTIVITY menu, click Message Center.

Uncheck the boxes except for Audit Events and select a time period. In the Action type dropdown, you can select Alert enabled or Alert disabled.

Audit events are kept for 365 days by default.

shuth_2-1594646655873.png

shuth_1-1594646611122.png

View solution in original post