This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

how do you handle Microsoft's Windows Updates for your ORION & remote SQL servers?

I have an Orion server (Windows 2003 Enterprise) and then it uses a remote MS SQL 2005 server (Windows 2003 Standard).

With past Network Management products I've had application issues come up when allowing WUS to apply patches and then auto-reboot, so I put them into a 'manual update' mode to avoid issues.

However, I'm curious how others might be handling this same issue with their Solarwinds products. I wonder if allowing them to just auto update and auto reboot is a best practice.

So, my question is, how do you handle your servers and their Orion products? Have you had any problems letting them auto-reboot after the Microsoft updates or do follow a 'manual update' prodedure as well?

Thanks!

Chance

• lchance,

So far we have not had any problems with letting the servers re-boot after patches.  We aren't using WUS but we do allow our patch management system to push out the patches and auto-reboot after the patches when necessary.  So far all has run fine.