cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

dead AGAIN after NPM V10.6 update with "port 17777" and "SOAP" error!

Jump to solution

this is the third time I dead in the water after an NPM update, no errors during the upgrdae, just this surprise when i try to log in.

my credentials are accepted , then .......

npm V10.6 upgrade-dead again.png

I got  the same error when logging in after some, but not all NPM updates

each time, a case has to be opened and it takes hours of debugging and trying just to get me back in service

SW needs to fix this!

IMHO the update process is very buggy

i now have another open ticket

have others seen this?

if so, what have you done to fix it

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

as mentioned in the initial posting, I have seen this three times now.

Each time it occurs(with the same symptoms), the soln requires someone at SW with deep knowledge to troubleshoot the issue. each time,i have seen a different soln

IMHO,

1. sw dev staff need to test upgrades more rigorously
  2. develop better and more informative error messages
  3. provide scripts for fixing /restoring DB issue ie restore back to before the upgrade

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

We get that every upgrade, but it thus far has always been corrected by a reboot on the primary before moving on to the additional.

as mentioned in the initial posting, I have seen this three times now.

Each time it occurs(with the same symptoms), the soln requires someone at SW with deep knowledge to troubleshoot the issue. each time,i have seen a different soln

IMHO,

1. sw dev staff need to test upgrades more rigorously
  2. develop better and more informative error messages
  3. provide scripts for fixing /restoring DB issue ie restore back to before the upgrade

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 20

I'm curious if there's some non-standard thing to your installation that might be causing this.  We're supposed to upgrade NPM to 10.6 and SAM to 6.0 today so things like this worry me a little as I'm sure you can understand.

I don't have any direct relation to SW... but I can empathize.

0 Kudos

just a few thoughts

• BACKUP and take a snapshot if you have this on a VM
  • restart each server after each updated. make sure it still works
  • see if the update requires some changes to be done is some specific order, before or after the update in question
Level 17

Apologies for the inconvenience sir. Can you email me (rob.hock[at]solarwinds.com) with your case number or SWID? We'll see if there is something systemic we can dig in on.

0 Kudos

case 526036

Apologies for the inconvenience. Looking at the case details, we're not seeing anything systemic or related over the past few issues. We can certainly look to make our error message more descriptive to help get you back on track quicker. If it happens again, post it up and we can look at it.

0 Kudos