This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

custom summaries & interface resources

Is there a way to add an individual "Min/Max/Average bps In/Out" chart to a custom summary page as a custom object resource?

I figured out how to add a chart that has an single line for either transmit or receive bps, but not a chart with all of the attributes you get when you drill into a normal default interface page.

• I figured this out:

1) in the "Edit" window for the custom object resource, click "Select Orion Object"

2) in the "Select a Network Object" pop-up window, change the "show only" menu to "Interfaces". This is the key point I was missing before.

3) Select the interface from the right side pane. This is a horrible UI choice here, since I have only a moderate sized installation and there are 75 pages of interfaces to scroll through!

4) Click "Select Orion Object" button.

5) Change the "Select Object Resource" menu to "Min/Max/Average bps - Today"

• Create Custom resource for Average Receive and Transmit bps

Node Interfaces

• Click Customized Page and add a Custom Resource
    • Click EDIT to configure the resource
    • Click SELECT DATASOURCE
    • Select the Node and its Interfaces
    • Click UPDATE DATA SOURCE

pastedImage_0.png

• Click ADD DATA SERIES
    • Add Interface Traffic History  à Average Receive bps
    • Add Interface Traffic History  à Average Transmit bps
    • Click ADD DATA SERIES