This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

custom linux cpu load poller : no collect with high load

Hello

First, sorry for my english.

I have created a custom cpu poller for linux server because the native one just show the load of CPU cores individually, and i want the real load average.

But I have a problem : when the server is in full load, the snmp collect for CPU & RAM metrics doesn't work.

example :

pastedImage_0.png

With the standard CPU poller, whenever the CPU is fully charged, the CPU metrics are correctly collected.

But with my custom poller, i have graph holes when the server is in high load :

pastedImage_1.png

(CPU # 1= load1, CPU # 2= load5, CPU # 3= load15)

My custom CPU & Memory poller :

pastedImage_2.png

(i count the number of CPU cores : with a 16 cpu cores, if the load average = 16 >>>> 100% ; with a 2 cpu cores, if the load average = 1 >>>> 50%, etc)

Can you explain me why with my custom CPU poll i have graph hole, but with standard CPU poll not ?

The aim is to graph load15 according to the number of cpu cores. If you have a better solution, tell me (1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.10.1.4 is not used).

thanks