This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

browser settings for login

Some users get login screen and enter valid user credentials (or guest) but the application does not start.  Other users login with same credentials with no problem.

• Is the issue isolated to a machine(s)? Have you tried to clear cookies?

• Thanks for your prompt attention.

I said "users" originally but it is a machine issue.  Guest, admin, and valid users can login on some machines and not on others.  On the failing machines you get the login screen, enter valid credentials and then nothing else happens.  The app never starts.  So, I think this eliminates active directory, network access, etc.  I will try clearing cookies although the failing machines were trying for the first time to access my new release (10.7) of NPM. 

• Turns out inconsistent browser and security settings outside SolarWinds are causing the differences.  The workaround, in our environment, that got IE-8 to work was adding our NPM server as a trusted site in our local intranet settings using https:.  Https: was not needed when invoking the app from the browser after making this change.