cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

best resolution for Visio maps

Jump to solution

At the moment, I'm working on importing Visio drawings of some data center racks in to Orion in order to use them as maps. What I wanted to know is when doing so which file type gives the best resolution for Orion? I imported some as ".png" file but when I import it into Atlus is always looks grainy or fuzzy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

you could try importing as jpg and when saving as jpg in visio, select higher resolution.

keep in mind that will make the map size larger and increase time it takes to display map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 7

I've had really good success saving these file types as PNG.  Most of my images I scaled to 800 pixels by XXX.  Then set the scale in npm.

0 Kudos
Level 17

you could try importing as jpg and when saving as jpg in visio, select higher resolution.

keep in mind that will make the map size larger and increase time it takes to display map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

I know that in later versions of Orion, maps are stored in a database. If you need to delete a particular map, like an outdated map for example, how would you go about doing so?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I've kept them under small jpeg sizes so its worked out great now the issue is trying to associate the maps with the proper groups. I created 5 groups where each of the nodes associated with each rack are nested into. If I click on the "edit" tag on the map, I can select a map to display but is there a way to make it so that when I click on that group's link, the map on that page is the one designated?

0 Kudos
Level 10

I don't believe you can redirect a group to a new url unless you mean its a group object in another map in which case you can edit its url to point directly to your map page.

For direct map access I tend to create a new view and then link it either a html resource or via the menu bar

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hm ... That's a good point. I'll keep that in mind as go, thanks.

0 Kudos