cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

backing up NPM

Jump to solution

I am working on setting up the backups for our system.  I have went into the database manager and scheduled a back up of the Solarwinds Database.  We use Backup Exec for writing backups to tape.  If I create a job in Backup Exec to backup the directory where I have the database backup stored, is that all that needs to be done to recover from a system crash?  Are there any other files that need to be backed up?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 14

While it is not a complete configuration backup for all aspects of your Orion installation, you may benefit from creating a web console configuration backup, as indicated in "Managing Orion Web Console Configurations" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.

To confirm, create a database backup as indicated in "Creating Database Backups" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.

HTH,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 14

While it is not a complete configuration backup for all aspects of your Orion installation, you may benefit from creating a web console configuration backup, as indicated in "Managing Orion Web Console Configurations" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.

To confirm, create a database backup as indicated in "Creating Database Backups" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.

HTH,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos