Level 19

all hotfixes can be downloaded from here

http://thwack.com/forums/61.aspx

Be sure to read all ReadMe's!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 7

Is there a way to change the path that the hotfixes are looking to install to?  Some of my servers, I have it installed on c: and others I have it installed on d: and the directories are not always the same. 

0 Kudos

Is there a way to change the path that the hotfixes are looking to install to?  Some of my servers, I have it installed on c: and others I have it installed on d: and the directories are not always the same. 

The hotfixes read the install location for Orion from the registry (HKLM\Software\Solarwinds\Orion\Core\InstallPath).  The 8.1 installer writes the install location there.

Is the hotfix install failing for you?

0 Kudos

Regardless of the drive the Hotfix installer will look for the directory Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion to install in-

0 Kudos
Level 7

Do all of these patches (or any) need to be installed on separate polling engines?

0 Kudos

yes

0 Kudos
Level 7

does this support to version 7.8

0 Kudos

These are hotfixes for v8.1 only.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Ater install hotfix, almost are good but have system generate a lot of error report like :

Error Opening MainTaskDataReader Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Statement(s) could not be prepared

How to fix it ?

0 Kudos

Ater install hotfix, almost are good but have system generate a lot of error report like :

Error Opening MainTaskDataReader Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near ','. Incorrect syntax near ')'. Statement(s) could not be prepared

How to fix it ?

If you are not having symptoms, such as crashing services or gaps in chart data, then this error can be ignored.  DEV is reviewing how easily we can remove this from the Events that get published to the web.

0 Kudos

Welcome to the "club" PHAM  

0 Kudos