This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Wrong reading memory,disk space

It looks that for some server is giving us wrong readings for memory, disk space

We use T1000 and Ter5120

Specially on LDOMS Hosts.

Thanks,

BI

• Orion looks at the physical RAM e.g. 2Gb. It then takes the total amount of memory used by all of the running processes (which could be greater than 2Gb, including swap space), e.g. 4Gb. (You can view this figure under Task Manager) Orion calculates this value as a percentage against the total RAM, so in this example we have memory usage, as a percentage, of 200%.

Hope this helps ?

• Thanks for response Mick,

We using SNMPv2c witch is a version of the SNMP protocol being used to communicate between orion and that server.
    The net-SNMP service that runs on the server listens and responds to SNMP requests is an agent / service that runs on it is third party software.

In this case, it seems like it is not storing the correct information about this server, as the memory and disk space are not correct. What i have to do is do the updates for NET-SNMP but i don t know how. Is a third party softare ? or is a file ?I  am working with solaris?Thanks,BI