cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Would unmanaging a device also prevent syslogs alert/action to be taken on this device?

Even if I unmanage a device, it would still send Syslogs to NMP.  I'm wondering if the Syslogs will look to see if a device is managed before actioning any rules.

I have some Syslogs rules that kicks a script to generate a ticket in our Remedy system and I wouldn't like ticket to be created from Syslogs rules if the device is unmanaged.

So, would unmanaging a device also prevent syslogs alert/action to be taken on this device?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 18

Not today, but that's on our roadmap.

0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

We have a requirement from our Information Assurance branch that our syslog server not accept syslog messages from any unmanaged devices.  My understanding is that is not the way it works now but that is on the roadmap.   Can you confirm that is still the case and advise what type of priority this has in your roadmap (i.e. what year we might see this capability)?  Thanks!

Robert

0 Kudos

rsprim-

This is still on our roadmap, although we can't commit to a date or release at this time.

-Craig

0 Kudos

That's correct, but the good news is we're working on it as we speak.   See this link for what we're working on.

0 Kudos