This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Work around for node labels....

All, I have been toying with trying to get more valuable information into my node labels and have had some success thanks to the postings on Thwack - thank you.

What I am trying to do is find a 'work-around' for one issue - that is there is no way to get custom poller data into the label. For example, I want to be able to include data from our UPS's and/or environmental units into the label.

I read in the forum that you are limited to the fields in the Node table so I was thinking that if someone was creative a script could be written that after the custom poller which collects the data from these devices could push that into a new field that I could create in the Nodes table.

For example if I created a custom poller field called "LastValue" in Nodes and when the custom poller runs and populates the CustomPollerStatus table the SQL script would take that data and put it into the LastValue field in Nodes and I can use it on the maps.

Thoughts?