cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 12

Wireless HeatMaps - There is no available engine...

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone had come across this problem. We've had Solarwinds re-installed recently and everything has been working fine,until I came across this problem when attempting to create a new heat map. I've created a few before the re-install without any problems.

It starts to generate the map and then throws up the error ' There is no available engine to process the WirelessHeatMap generation'.

Screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

This literally got resolved yesterday, your timing is incredible

I was informed that it was pretty uncommon and some of the support techs hadn't even seen it before. It was finally resolved by a developer who created a customised .DLL file for us. After replacing the existing .DLL file it resolved the issue. I think the DLL file modified the timeout thresholds along with some other things.

They did however look at similar case files and said a number of fixes tried with other people did seem to resolve their problem, which included: Windows updates, installing the latest hot fixes, re-installing the CoreInstaller and JobEngine.v2 plugins and re-installing Network Atlas. None of these things worked for us, but they may work for you if you haven't done them already.

If you're still getting issues I would log a support ticket with the team as it required several webex sessions, a load of diagnostic gathering and various other things which finally resolved the problem for us.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Level 17

Indeed, I should be poking into that more next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Level 12

I have raised a ticket with the support team and will report the outcome for anyone else who may run into this issue.

0 Kudos

What was your resolution? Can you share?

0 Kudos

This literally got resolved yesterday, your timing is incredible

I was informed that it was pretty uncommon and some of the support techs hadn't even seen it before. It was finally resolved by a developer who created a customised .DLL file for us. After replacing the existing .DLL file it resolved the issue. I think the DLL file modified the timeout thresholds along with some other things.

They did however look at similar case files and said a number of fixes tried with other people did seem to resolve their problem, which included: Windows updates, installing the latest hot fixes, re-installing the CoreInstaller and JobEngine.v2 plugins and re-installing Network Atlas. None of these things worked for us, but they may work for you if you haven't done them already.

If you're still getting issues I would log a support ticket with the team as it required several webex sessions, a load of diagnostic gathering and various other things which finally resolved the problem for us.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Very nice to hear you got a resolution. Unfortunately this came up after an upgrade to current releases. I will look into these possibilities though, thank you for the insight.

0 Kudos

No problem. If you need any more info let me know. Another thing that was highlighted (which I don't think caused the problem) was our anti-virus. Anti-virus that's installed on the server can apparently cause an incomplete installation. I actually attempted a complete re-install with the anti-virus disabled and it didn't help us; but I could see how it may have caused problems as it can block some of the background installations.

We were also advised to update to the latest .net framework - might be worth checking that.