This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Why is Orion sending last reboot status on startup ?

Hi everyone,

I have a small annoying issue here. I've been doing some upgrades on NPM v10 lately but every time I start Orion (that is on system reboot or via service manager), it sends me a bunch of alerts about latest reboot for some nodes. It makes a 10/15 e-mail spam at once for every startup... Not exactly the best thing ever :)

Does anyone have an idea where to look for to solve this ?

Thanks !

Tom

• Unmamage those elements of shut off the alert first.

• Hi Andy,

what exactly do you mean by unmanage?

unmanage every device before rebooting the Orion server? thats a bit unpractical...

you could deactivate that alarm before reboot and reactivate it after which is also unpractical.

we have the same issue you are having and I have read that several other users here on thwack have reported this behaviour, we also have a case open for this (182770). If you also open up a case with solarwinds, maybe this will get resolved sooner.

• Deactivating an alarm just takes a few clicks. The ungagage option is for a select few devices that always trigges, not globally/

• We too have seen this, I have been working a case (209607) and were told that it is a bug and Development is working on it.

JB

• Thank you all for the input. I will open up a case and report the device type from which we get those alerts. Hope it will help to improve the product. Meanwhile, I'll do the manual alert de-activation.

FYI : It impacts Cisco switches and APC UPS very randomly.

• we have had our case open since september last year but have had this problem for longer and from posts here in thwack it looks like this has been a problem for a very long time.

deactivating the alarm is a good workaround for the meantime which tends to be forgotten to do but we still need this fixed. we have also been told that this has gone to dev but that this is not a bug but that it is being reported incorrectly by all these devices. nonetheless we were told that dev is working on working around this.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Questionario

I think the same bug is what makes a legitimate Reboot alert automatically reset and no one ever sees it in the console.  It didn't use to behave like that.

I had to change how often the alert goes out and looks for the trigger condition.