cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Who the heck do we complain to?

Jump to solution

I can't find anywhere to that offers the ability to contact customer service or support for Thwack so I'm posting here.

I've been getting messages with links to bogus prize sites.

These accounts sending this garbage are all brand new and obviously these links are phishing attempts.

So I want to turn in these jerks but you all don't provide a way to do that.

None of these accounts should be allowed to send messages, private or otherwise to other users until they are verified at the very least.

1 Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were hit heavily last night by spammers and @yumdarling is feverishly working to clean things up. Please ignore the message and trust that we will zap the account from existence (if it has not been done already). 

If you ever need to get in touch with an admin, message us on here or email thwackadmin@solarwinds.com.

Thank you and sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We will be migrating community platforms in the coming weeks and part of that will be several enhancements to spam prevention.

As always, if it looks phishy, don't click!

DanielleH

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi friends!

100% what Danielle said. Unfortunately, blocking or deleting the accounts doesn't take them out of your inbox. Continue to let me know regardless as I would rather be drowned by emails than miss one of these accounts and have them continue to spam you.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
Yum
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were hit heavily last night by spammers and @yumdarling is feverishly working to clean things up. Please ignore the message and trust that we will zap the account from existence (if it has not been done already). 

If you ever need to get in touch with an admin, message us on here or email thwackadmin@solarwinds.com.

Thank you and sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We will be migrating community platforms in the coming weeks and part of that will be several enhancements to spam prevention.

As always, if it looks phishy, don't click!

DanielleH

View solution in original post

Can you elaborate on the bit about migrating community platforms?  Is this going to be another big effort like the last one?

adding @yumdarling and @DanielleH 

I don't want to link the message here and give this jerk any hits or anything but the user is Spikes which is apparently a new account. Not sure how many this person has.

That is why I included 2 of the community managers who can look into this sort of thing.

Level 8

I got one as well, you can report them to a moderator like I did.

Moderator? It was a private message to me how to report it to a moderator?