cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 19

Who integrates Orion with ticketing systems? How do you do it? --Feedback requested

Jump to solution

From time to time, we get questions about integrating with HP Service Desk, BMC Remedy, or any other ticketing system.  We're wondering how many people do this kind of integration?  How do you do it (e.g., Orion sends an email)?  How's it working for you?  Is there something more you'd like to see?

1 Solution
Level 9

We use the Advanced alerts to send a specifically formated email to HP Service Center.  It opens tickets and assingns them fine.  Depending on how much customization your Service Center Admins have done, will affect how the message needs to be formated.  If anyone would like our format, please feel free to ask.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
49 Replies
Level 14

We don't now but would like to in the future. I am anxious to see what the responses are.....

0 Kudos

From Orion we send email trigger actions to BMC with P1, P2 or P3 in the subject line, then using BMC business rules we create incidents and send those incidents dependant upon P1, P2 or P3 to correct BMC department/group queue. 

Not much as way of integration but it works ok for us.

Dave

0 Kudos

From Orion we send email trigger actions to BMC with P1, P2 or P3 in the subject line, then using BMC business rules we create incidents and send those incidents dependant upon P1, P2 or P3 to correct BMC department/group queue. 

Not much as way of integration but it works ok for us.

Dave

Are you using a program called HEAT by chance?

We use Heat ticketing system and this was brought up recently.  How to integrate orion into Heat.

0 Kudos

I am currently investigating how to integrate our product with Orion.

We can already do this with email, but we would like to do this in a more intelligent way (for example auto closing a ticket if the problem resolves itself)

I am not sure if this is something that can be done by looking at the underlying database event table (or a view over it).

I'd like to be able to tell you more, but I only started on this project 1/2 an hour ago

0 Kudos

You can also open a Remedy ticket with a Syslog message from Orion.  What else do you want to do?

0 Kudos

You can also open a Remedy ticket with a Syslog message from Orion.  What else do you want to do?

Denny,

Would you mind elaborating this statement please on how this can be accomplised? We have netcool integrated with BMC Remedy to create tickets off the netcool events. How can netcool parse the syslog messages from Solarwinds? Do you have a MIB rule file available?

thank you.

Om

0 Kudos

We have netcool integrated with BMC Remedy to create tickets off the netcool events. How can netcool parse the syslog messages from Solarwinds? Do you have a MIB rule file available?

We don't have a MIB rule file.  This integration is something we've seen from other customers, but they typically send the syslog directly to Remedy, not through netcool.  I don't have the details of how netcool might parse a syslog message.  Maybe other netcool users in the community can help.

0 Kudos

Using HP Service desk, we use the sdevent.exe (via adv. alerts) to open tickets in the service desk tool.  Its very easy to configure, and pass variables.  I would like to see something that allows the SD tool to monitor the advanced alerts table (AlertStatus) in the db, as this only shows active alerts, and the Tickets could be automatically closed when the alerts clear.  Allthough this is probably functionality from the SD tool, maybe an integration point could be created here.

0 Kudos