This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Where in the DB is the list of ports associated with a node ?

Hello,

I'm trying to find a SWQL query that will give me a list of ports associated with an Orion.Node; I can't find where in the DB it is stored.  Cirrus.BridgePorts appears to this info, but only for some and not all nodes that I create.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Chris

• That does depend a little bit, are you looking for ports that are managed in NPM, or all ports?   For all ports you would need to delve into NCM rather than NPM tables, which of course means you need that module.   NPM only keeps info on ports you have managed - or have selected in "List Resources" for each node...

Personally I would use the NCM.Interfaces for all ports, or probably the NPM.Interfaces for managed ports, depends on what the end goal was.   Try and stick with the "NCM" resources in SWQL over the "Cirrus", quite often its the same, but I'm guessing the "Cirrus" stuff will go away eventually.

A couple good current discussions you might want to check out are at the following links, lots of SWQL to work off of too!!

Port count report

VLAN reports

• Like cnorborg said, it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for just the interfaces that are monitored, I think you want something like this. This groups all of the interfaces that are being monitored by NPM together by Node.

SELECTN.SysName AS [Node Name]
    ,I.InterfaceName AS [Interface Name]

FROM Orion.NPM.Interfaces I

JOIN Orion.Nodes N ON I.NodeID = N.NodeID

GROUP BY I.NodeID, N.SysName, I.InterfaceName

Let me know if that works for you.